Holiday season is fast approaching and You get a phone call. Friends will be visiting. Panic sets in. How do you get ready? But no need to worry. Just follow these easy tips before your guests arrive to prepare the guest bedroom and bathroom.
You always want your guests to feel at home and there’s nothing more welcoming than a cosy, luxurious bedroom and bathroom. Add a little of your personal flair and special touches can turn an average room into a spa like sanctuary.
Fresh flowers, scented soap, candles or potpourri can make an otherwise dull room come alive. Other touches include leaving empty hangers in the closet and providing a suitcase stand.
For a good night’s sleep, invest in some extra pillows and a cozy, luxurious blanket. And don’t forget those extra blankets, too, in case they are needed.
Many people think a morning shower is the best way to wake up. When they walk out of the shower, provide your guests with 100-percent Egyptian cotton towels. And because it seems someone always forgets to bring something, set out a basket of toiletries. Include the basics such as toothpaste, a toothbrush, shampoo and a razor.
But there is more to making guests feel at home than an inviting bedroom and bath.
Everyone like surprises, so why not add the following:
• A map of the area. There is nothing worse than getting lost. Include a list of local attractions, restaurants and, gas stations.
• Maybe your guests just want to stay put. Then think reading material, such as the entertainment section of the local newspaper along with paperbacks.
• Not everyone is a electronics genius, so if the guest room has complicated electronics, write a how-to guide.
• Make sure the bedroom stays at least semi-neat by providing a hamper. This way guests can stash their dirty towels and linens in a centralized location.
• Most people like a schedule and your guests probably no different. If you’ll be working or otherwise unavailable some of the time when guests are in town, provide them with a schedule. Also include a list of contact and emergency numbers.
So the next time friends and family come to visit, follow these tips and be ready and confident.
Contact me at Décoria Interior Designs. I’d love to help you create the home of your dreams. At Décoria Interior Designs, we approach every project with a discerning eye that is unwavering to the smallest detail. We believe in listening and working in close collaboration with clients to create a beautiful and luxurious space that is perfectly suited to their personality and lifestyle. Dècoria provides the utmost level of sophistication, exquisite quality and comfort. We are proud to serve our clients in the Washington DC metro area including Maryland and Virginia. You can contact us for more information at 301.430.0723